Timber flooring in Bondi junction gives a whole new style to your place. It adds class and enhances the interior of your place. Professional help is recommended for timber flooring installation but, when you choose to do it yourself, follow the instructions carefully. Make sure to protect yourself during the installation process by using gloves masks, eyes and ears protector etc.
Tips to install timber flooring in Bondi Junction:
- Lighting should be adequate and electrical cables must be checked and tagged by the professionals before starting the process.
- Subfactors like plywood, concrete, tiles, particle board or existing timber floor must be clean, stable, firm and should be free from all kinds of dust, nails or sharp objects.
- The floor must be at an equal level
- A 10mm space is required for skirting around the parameter. The thickness must not be less than 15mm, fixed to the flooring.
- The moisture for subfloor must be 6-8%. Seek professional help, if it exceeds above 8%.
- Follow manual instructions to apply adhesive. The excessive usage of adhesive should be avoided and if you have used it, it should be cleaned immediately.
- The moisture in the subfloor should be 6-8%. Keep a record of PH and RH level.
Timber flooring in Bondi Junction– Direct Installation Method
- Check for any dust or dirt. It is better to vacuum before installing the timber.
- Use only sufficient amount of adhesive and read the manual carefully.
- Lay timber flooring and if it’s necessary, use floor nailing machine.
- Lay the plywood with tongue and groove.
- Leave 6-8mm for expansion at the room’s perimeter
- Allow the floor to dry for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- Check for any loose timber strips or wedges and remove it.
Sanding is a process to give the floor a smooth and level finish. The sanding depends on the type of timber and level of the surface. Consult the professional for the number of sanding operations. It usually takes around 3-4 sanding operations.
The first level of sanding should produce a completely levelled sanded surface. The next sanding operation would remove any scratches, it had from the previous sanding. Always vacuum clean the floor, after each sanding operation for a better result. If there’s any gap or nail holes, apply a coat of wood filler to cover the areas. Use the right sandpaper and keep changing when necessary.
The final process is the application of finishing coat.
- Vacuum the floor and sweep clean it nicely. There should be no dust or dirt in doors, windows, frames or panels. Remove any stains, if there are any.
- Use a brush or roller to apply the coat, so that it gives an even effect.
- Follow the manual instructions and allow it to dry completely. Do not allow any movements during the drying period.
- Once it dries, vacuum it again and remove any particles left on the floor.
- Apply the second coat and allow it to dry for a period of 7 days or how the instruction recommends.
- Do not allow anyone or any movements during the drying period.
- 2-3 coats of finishing can be applied, depending on the type of surface.
Closely monitor during the whole process and finishing work period to achieve the desired results.